Tuesday, October 2, 2007

What a Beautiful Singing Voice!


"AAaaahhhaaaaHHHHHaaHHaaAAAAHHhhh!" That's the sound I woke up to this morning, blaring over the monitor and from around the corner, it was in surround sound. Instinctively, I started getting out of bed, to go rescue Maya from the confines of her crib. But, wait! I sat there for a second, listening to the beautiful noise. She certainly wasn't upset, crying, fussing, or distressed in any way. Somewhere in the early morning hours, while lying in her crib, she found her voice! And, boy oh boy, was she using it! It was so funny to listen to her experimenting with volume and pitch. Apparently, she likes LOUD the best! It was so cute to listen to her talk to herself, practicing using her voice. She talked to herself for a good 15 minutes before I could tell that she was getting eager to share her new-found voice with me. She was tired of being alone, so I went in to get her up for the day. She greeted me with that huge grin, and I scooped her up out of her crib, praising her on her singing and talking. "Your voice is so beautiful! I love to hear you sing!"
Apparently the praise was encouragement enough for her to continue singing. Later that day, we had a play date at a park about 25 minutes from our house, and she talked and sang the entire way there! I loved every last second of it. Who needs the radio when you have a live concert in your backseat?!

No comments: