Monday, June 23, 2008
Playdate with Jen, Isabella, and Garrett
We had some "new" friends over to play today. I haven't seen Jen since we traveled to Chicago together back in the fall to see "Wicked", and I'd never met her daughter or 12 year old son. Isabella is 2 months older than Maya. I couldn't believe it when she walked in the door. She is a whole head taller than Maya! You'd never guess they are so close in age. Garrett is just as sweet as can be, very polite, very kind, and clearly in love with his little sister and mom. What a great boy. I have to tell you what this lovely little man said to me today. Jen and I were talking about "the new baby", and Garrett goes, "You're not pregnant, are you?!" I confirmed what he had heard, and he goes, "What? Are you like a day [along]?" I told him I was 4 months, and that dear, sweet boy exclaims, "NO WAY! You're skinny!" Oh, God bless that child. I just wanted to scoop him and give him a hug. It's been a long difficult road with my weight, then getting pregnant right after starting a rigorous workout routine, while it was a total blessing, it was kind of tough! I thought I was on the road to better health and a better body, but that will have to wait. Right now, my body has a much bigger task at hand... growing a human baby! Once this baby is born, it's going to be back to the grindstone. Until then, I will be hanging onto Garrett's comment. It really made my day! The girls finished up their little playdate by trading sippy cups. For some reason, another kids' sippy always tastes better than their own. Isabella's had juice in it, so Maya was loving it. We haven't had any juice here for about a week now, so she was sucking Isabella's juice right down. Every time we tried to give her own sippy back, she would shake her head "no". Smart girl. Isabella had to settle with drinking water out of Maya's straw cup. It's funny, though, because Jen said that Isabella will not drink water out of her own sippy cup. See? Everything tastes better in someone else's cup! Haha... Thanks for coming over guys! We had a ton of fun with you here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment