
Ah... the lazy summer days... today was one of the (few) days this summer that we filled up the baby pool, so the kids could play in the water. It really is a lot of work to get them both outside, between naps and snacks and feedings, it's just much easier to not even go there. Sometimes, though, I force myself to buck-up and get outside with the kids. After all, fresh air does everybody good.

I let Maya be in charge of the hose to fill up the pool, and it didn't take long for her to discover that it made a pretty awesome drinking fountain...

Here they are, playing side by side. Notice how Liam's hair is wet? That's from Maya dumping a full watering can's worth of water over Buddy's head. I was NOT happy. I asked her if she liked having water dumped on her head. Of course, the answer was "no", so I told her that if she did it again, I would dump water on her head in return.

Minutes later, I was lucky enough to capture this act of kindness on film...

THAT was IT! I took a LARGE cup of water and dumped it straight over her head, and she did not like it. It definitely wasn't my proudest parenting moment, but I wanted her to realize what she was doing and how it made Liam feel. I didn't think she would "get it" any other way! I picked up Liam to comfort him, and Maya ran away, up the driveway, yelling, "No! You mean Mommy!" She also started crying, so I asked her again if she liked that. She replied, "NO!" I explained to her, again, that Buddy doesn't like it either, and it is not nice to dump water on people. I apologized, we made up, and we continued playing in the water... without another incident.
No comments:
Post a Comment