Sunday, November 14, 2010

Like a Bull in a China Shop...

Tonight, Maya was intent on painting her fingernails, by herself, so I ripped some paper out of a magazine to place under the polish bottles and her hands and set her up at the kitchen table. I was so focused on what she was doing and making sure that she didn't spill her bottles, that I neglected to put the cap back on the polish REMOVER bottle I was using. Yep. You guessed it! While I was focusing all my attention on Maya, my little BULL came flying over the top of the table, knocking the polish remover bottle over in the process. NOOOO!!! I jumped up and ran across the kitchen to grab paper towels to mop up the mess. I could almost hear the chemicals eating away at the finish on the table. Sure enough, we now have a nice oval-ish shaped medium brown-whitish discoloration, about the diameter of a dinner plate, right in the middle of our espresso-colored table. There's also a smaller spot next to it, about the size and shape of Liam's palm... wonder how that got there? I was sooo annoyed - at myself, for being so careless. I never said a word to Liam about the accident because it was just that, an accident. We just moved the entire operation to the island, where I think the corian counter top is safe. (fingers crossed.)

No comments: