Tonight, our sitter, Alyssa, came over to put the kids to bed, so I could go to dance class (which as it turns out, is canceled this week and next for Christmas break). When she got to our house, I gave her a couple of Christmas gifts for being such a great sitter. We REALLY do appreciate our sitters (first, Hilary, whom we still miss... and most recent, Alyssa and Britni) because they are our only means to having a social life! Without having any family in the area, we depend on them for ALL of our childcare needs. So, to express our love and gratitude, we give them a Christmas gift. One of the gifts that Alyssa opened was a plush, fleecy blanket, rolled up and secured with a strip of cloth. As she pulled it out of the bag, I heard a sharp intake of breath from Maya, followed anxiously by the question, "Is it a Pillow Pet... or no?" HAHAHAHA...... I love the hopeful innocence that would anticipate the possibility that the coveted Pillow Pet just might emerge from the gift bag... for the sitter. Oh my word. I thought I was going to lose it. How darn cute is that?! You know she couldn't wait to play with it, if that indeed was the contents of the bag. Don't worry, readers, she IS getting one for Christmas. Gramma Cindy has a purple hippo Pillow Pet with her name ALL over it. I cannot wait to see her open it!
On another note, Little Miss was given the opportunity to earn 5 jewels tonight if she went to bed and to sleep when it was time for lights out. When I returned home at 9:30pm, she was STILL awake and had been out of her bed, manipulating Alyssa, three times! Grrr..... I took her upstairs and told her she still had the chance to earn two jewels tonight. She started to cry because she wanted five jewels, so she can fill up her vase to get her Beauty and the Beast thing. She did not think it was fair that she wasn't allowed to start over with the five jewel offer from me. She's quite the negotiator (or at least, tries to be)! Anyway, after one more warning and lost jewel, she finally settled in and fell asleep. I wonder if, in the morning, she'll realize what she could have had (5 jewels) and be bummed that she's only getting one? I'm anxious to reward her, so hopefully it will up the ante, showing her that she does get something awesome for earning the jewels. I think her vase will be full in a day or two, and we'll see!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment