Today, I had a fabulous date with my friend, Diane. We met at Starbuck's for drinks, went to a beauty boutique for some pampering, and ate dinner together at Olga's Kitchen. At the beauty boutique, Diane had a manicure, and she treated me to a fantastic pedicure! The gift of relaxation... what a wonderful thing! Pedicures and massages are my most favorite means of relaxation, and what pregnant woman doesn't need some R & R every once in a while? It was a perfect afternoon, and one that I won't soon forget. Thanks again, Diane!!
After my pedi, I experienced my first public display of my pregnant belly. I was saying that the elastic of my pants was itchy on my belly, and before I knew it, my pedi-girl had my shirt whipped up over my belly and was fixing my pants for me! Then she pulled all of the elastic (you know the foot of elastic that stretches over the belly in maternity pants) down and folded it under my belly, exposing my now naked pregnant belly to the shocked bystanders. I wasn't sure what to do, so I just rolled with it. I'm not very modest, so it didn't so much bother me as it took me by surprise. We all giggled, and I received some "awwwws" from a couple of the women. I don't think Diane knew what she was in for or how to react to the situation. She just exclaimed, "I haven't seen your belly yet!" The whole situation was pretty funny. This pedi-girl also told me that my doctor was crazy to tell me that I could only gain 25 pounds, and she advised to gain as much as I want. Now if she was the one I had to answer to, I'd be all set!
It was a great day, and I'm noticing that my belly is definitely starting to attract some attention. How could it not, now that it just stands right out there?! I'm definitely loving my growing baby-bump!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment