We had another doctor's appointment today, and Maya is growing very quickly! This is the second appointment in a row that she has consistently measured one week ahead of schedule. We have an ultrasound scheduled for 2 weeks from now to check placenta placement and now, too, to check her size. My doctor already mentioned the word "induction"!! Can you believe it?! I think it's still going to be too early to tell at a 32 week ultrasound. I'm hoping we'll just do another one around 36 weeks and go from there. I'm really NOT thrilled with the idea of being induced, but if that's going to make delivery less traumatic and stressing on Maya, then that's what I'll do.
I have pretty strong ideas about what I think a labor and delivery experience should be like, even though I know things happen and plans change. I would like the labor and delivery to be as natural as possible (with the exception of a "walking epidural"). By that I mean, no inductions, forceps, vacuums, or c-sections if at all possible. I want to be able to be up walking around with a lower-dose epidural (for as long as I can stand it, then we can bump up the rate on the pump if the pain becomes too much to handle!). What I don't want is to go to the hospital, have them slap in an IV, start Pitocin, then be strapped to the bed with a fetal heart monitor on until I deliver. To me, labor and delivery should be a natural process... something that happens on its own, not something that is DONE TO YOU. I'm probably just getting all worked up for nothing. I guess we'll just wait for the ultrasound and see what my doctor says. I'll try not to think about it too much until then!
Maya's heart sounded very good today. Her heart rate was 148 beats/min, which is normal. He asked if she's moving around a lot, and I said, "Oh, yeah!". She moves all the time. I told Will that I've never felt the need to do an actual kick-count because she stays so active. Sometimes when she is really going nuts, it feels like thunder in my belly. Other times, when she makes big slower movements, it feels like she's rubbing my belly (from the inside out). I love feeling her move around and watching my belly bump around. It's so fun!
We got her crib put together tonight! It looks really nice. Apparently, we do not have ANY luck when it comes to buying furniture. Will opened the box to take out the crib parts, and one of the legs was busted in half, length-ways! That's the second piece of furniture for the nursery in about a week that we have had to return, exchange, or replace! Babies R Us was really good about it, though, and they let us just bring back the broken part in exchange for a new one. We couldn't believe it. What luck! Wish us luck for when we get our glider!! Hopefully, it's not damaged!
Well, the dryer just buzzed, and that's the rest of her bedding. I'm going to get the sheets and bumper put on tonight real quick before I go to bed. Her room is going to be so cute!! I'll post some pics when there is more done to it! Stay tuned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment