We had a visit from my dad and brother Alex from Springfield, IL last week. I was so excited for my dad to meet Maya. Kids have always flocked to him, and I was certain that Maya would find him just as entertaining. Boy, did she ever! From the second he picked her up and started talking to her, it was all over. Love at first site, for both of them! Maya was smiling from ear to ear while dad talked and sang to her. She absolutely loved him! Dad said it was because they have the same haircut. Hahaha.... It was so cute. My brother even held her. He's never been around a baby before, so I didn't know if he would want to hold her or not. He looked a little nervous, but I think he was just as excited as dad to get his hands on her. He just kept saying, "She's so soft!" Maya seemed to take to her Grandpa and Uncle Alex very easily. It meant a lot to me that they came all that way to see her. Dad's been super-excited about her arrival since he found out I was pregnant, then as time got closer, he started calling more frequently to check on me. He said over and over again, "I just can't wait!" I knew he couldn't, and I didn't think it would be long before he came to meet his new granddaughter. He called us today to check in, and he told me how special it was for him to be able to spend time with us. He said that the pictures just don't do her justice. He said, "It's like the Grand Canyon or humidity. You can't quite understand it until you see it or feel it."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment