Friday, November 16, 2007

Finally Eating Oatmeal Cereal!


We have literally been trying for a month to get Maya to eat cereal, and she finally did it! We started out with rice cereal after her 4 month doctor visit, but she didn't show any interest. As soon as the cereal touched her lips, she would start making awful faces. If it did make it past her lips, she would push it right back out with her tongue. It was quite frustrating! Finally, we decided to try oatmeal cereal (instead of the rice) mixed with breast milk. She was a little leery for the first couple of days, but today she finally ate it! I was so excited when I put the cereal in her mouth, and I heard her swallow! It didn't come pouring back out! She even seemed to like it. She held onto the spoon and "helped" me put it in her mouth. When she was done with one bite, her mouth was wide open, waiting for the next one! Success!

No comments: