Friday, April 25, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!

We celebrated my 27th birthday today! Maya slept in for an hour, until 8:10am, so that started the day off with a great gift from her! Will made me some pancakes for breakfast, my favorite! They were delicious! We ate lunch at Jimmy John's, my favorite sub place, and later, we went for some ice cream! Will also took me to the mall to shop for some cooler clothes (as in temperature... it's starting to warm up here, and I'm tired of wearing jeans when it's almost 80 degrees!). It was one of those times when I really did need to find something and turned up with nothing. Bummer. We wrapped up my birthday by watching "Juno", which was a really cute movie. It's worth a rental. It was a great birthday!

Oh my goodness, it wasn't until I got on here to write this quick note that I realized I haven't written a blog in almost 3 months!! I guess I totally blew my New Year's resolution, huh? Well, as a "happy birthday to me" gift, I'm going to TRY to a least write one back blog every night, and if there's time, one current blog. Bear with me if I don't stick to it exactly, but I promise I will try.

Oh, yeah, another birthday gift... Maya attempted some steps today!! Will and I were sitting on the floor facing each other, and we took turns standing her up, then making her let go of our hands and try to make it a couple of steps to the other out-stretched hands. She did it a few times, sometimes more steady than others, and every once in a while, she would just belly flop on the floor, kind of just dive forward. I think it was her way of saying, "I don't really care to be doing this. I like holding your hands to walk, and I'm really good at crawling. What's the rush?" She been crawling for 4 months now! I guess she'll go when she's good and ready. When she's ready, she'll be off and running. Of that, I am certain.

No comments: