
So, as all parents do, Will and I are constantly counting things out with Maya... 2 shoes, "Two babies!", 3 balls, 5 raisins, 10 fingers, 10 toes, "1, 2, 3, GO!", etc. For the longest time, Maya would count, "One, two, sore, nine, sore!" I could not, for the life of me, get her to count to three! Me, "One, two, THREE!" Maya, "One, two, SORE, NINE, SORE!" On and on we'd go. Well, a couple of weeks ago, I was counting from one to ten, and when I got to nine, Maya took over, "Nine, ten, leben, telve, tirteen!" WHAT?? I quick called Will and asked him if he has been counting past 10 with her, and he said no. Hmm... puzzling. Another week passed by, and again, I was counting with Maya. This time, we got to six, and she took over, "sis, seben, eight, nine, ten, leben, telve, tirteen!" Okay, well apparently, she's learning to count in reverse! I forgot to ask Hilary, our babysitter, if she had been working with Maya on counting, so I'm still not sure how she learned her numbers past ten! Maybe all the Playhouse Disney and Noggin she watches is actually proving to be beneficial. Could it be? Well, today, Maya totally shocked me when I began counting with her, yet again, and this was what she said, "One, two, tree, sore, sive, sis, seben, eight, nine, ten, leben, telve, tirteen!" HOLY COW! She counted all the way to 13 by herself, without ANY help from me! I couldn't believe my ears. I was totally amazed! She just turned 2! Maybe she inherited her Grandpa Reuben's math skills, and she'll be great with numbers. I hope so! What a smart little cookie!
No comments:
Post a Comment