Saturday, June 13, 2009

No "Tation" For Mommy...

Today was a particularly trying day with the babies... one of those days where no matter what you do, it isn't right, and you continuously feel defeated. This afternoon, when Maya was being a very unpleasant toddler, I said, "Mommy needs a vacation." Maya goes, "No!" I repeated, "Yes, Mommy NEEDS a vacation very badly!" To this, Maya replied, "NO TATION! Miss Mommy (insert Swiper the Fox finger snap here)!" She then buried her face in her little hands and started crying. I FELT AWFUL! I scooped her up, told her I love her, and apologized for being so upset with her. Poor girl. She really meant it! Now, this will forever be burned into my memory, and good luck to me with going on vacation SOMETIME in the future without feeling guilty. Not going to happen. Why is it that when you sign up to be a Mommy, you sign up to live with guilt over everything for the rest of your life? It doesn't seem fair. Anyway, here was my lesson of the day: No matter how much Maya tries my patience, deep down, her sun rises and sets with me. I'm the center of her universe, and she loves me dearly. I feel the exact same way about her (both kids, really). Always will. They are my world.

No comments: