CRASH!!! That's the sound I heard coming from our bathroom tonight, where Maya was brushing her teeth at my sink with the help of her Daddy. Next, silence, followed by the quick pitter-pattering of little feet, racing into the kitchen, where I was washing dishes. "Broke dass!" Maya exclaims. I asked her, "Who broke the glass, Maya or Daddy?" Without hesitation she responds, "ME!", as she pats her belly with both her hands. I replied, "That's okay, honey. Thank you for telling me." She started to get a little fussy, and I could tell she felt really bad. I bent down and assured her one more time that it was okay and thanked her for telling me about the glass. I stood up to finish dishes, and she started to talk, so I looked down into her somber little face. She looked me right in the eyes and confessed one last time, "Saw-ee, Mommy, broke you dass." She immediately wrapped her arms around my leg and gave me a kiss. As my heart swelled with pride, and a lump forced it's way into my throat, I crouched down, squeezed her tight, kissed her face, and told her again that it was okay and I was so happy that she told me.
Will informed me later that as soon as the glass broke, Maya asked, "Mommy mad dass broke?" Will told her that I wouldn't be mad as long as she told me what happened. She decided on her own to fess up. She's such a good girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment