
This year, the kids decorated the bottom 3+ feet of the Christmas tree with lots of unbreakable ornaments. They LOVE taking the ornaments off and on the branches and do this several times a day. Maya is quite a little decorator! I love how her toddler brain organizes and groups similar ornaments together. At one point, that branch had 4 red ornaments hanging from it! It was only when she couldn't fit one more ornament on the branch that she finally picked another branch to hang ornaments on. I love to watch her little mind at work...

As you can imagine, Buddy LOVES the Christmas tree! Naturally, he does more deconstruction than construction. He's constantly pulling the ornaments off the tree, and every once in a while, he'll gently place an ornament back onto the branches. Sometimes, as luck would have it, it stays, but most of the time, it rolls right off. He doesn't mind. He just picks it back up and tries again, or he lets it be and yanks another ornament down. I love the concentration on his face as he carefully rearranges the decorations...

This is another favorite photo because I love how his face just lights up when the Christmas tree lights are turned on. It's the same look of amazement, wonder, and excitement every single time he sees them. It's my favorite expression.

The Christmas season is definitely more exciting with little kids in the house! I love to see them get so excited over something (like the Christmas tree) that they've seen over and over again. It's priceless.
No comments:
Post a Comment