Monday, April 5, 2010

Maya's New BIKE!

"Bike! MY BIKE! MY BIKE!!!" That's what Maya screamed as she ran around the house and realized what was sitting in the driveway... her very own bike! There are tons of pics on this post because this was a VERY special event for Maya. She has been talking about getting a bike for awhile now, especially since last Friday, when in 1 1/2 hours, she mastered riding her friend, Lydia's, bike. It was then that we knew we couldn't make her wait until her birthday to get her OWN bike. It had to be sooner...
"I WUV IT!!" she exclaimed as she checked out all the bells and whistles, which is just a basket and streamers for now. She wanted a "princess" bike, but I couldn't find one that was the right size for her. I compromised and bought a girly pink and purple bike and princess accessories to go with it. She does have a bell, but it will have to go on her bike later because Will didn't want her to have too many distractions at first... always the ER doctor!
She was SO excited to get this bike! She said to me, "I been wonnering 'bout dis bike! I been checking da mailbox sore it!" Oh, so precious...
She just looks like such a big girl in this picture, with her little pigtails and all...
Now, she has her helmet, and she's ready to ride! First, she has to check it out some more. I think she was still in disbelief that she has her very own bike! Of course, Buddy was in on the action!
I'm pretty sure he's getting a lecture about how that's her "bastick", and he's probably not allowed to put anything in it. Yeah, yeah, yeah.... wah, wa-wa-wah, wa-wa, wa-wa...
Checking out how her feet look on the "flower" pedals...
Checking out the handlebars...
Posing with her bike! It's purple and pink! Her "savorite"!!
Here, she struck this pose and informed me that she was standing "wike a chipette"! She's so stinkin' cute!!
Her first trip down the driveway + pedaling way too fast + steering like a maniac = first "major" wreck...
I told her to get right up and hop back on! I informed her that is the first of MANY bike accidents she will have, and she just needs to get back on the bike and practice. She quickly dried her eyes and got right back on... and took her first trip down our street with her Daddy...
After one lap around, she paused for a moment to show me her "sirse srape" (first scrape)...
After watching Will and I give her little pushes when her pedals got "stuck" and she couldn't move them, Buddy decided to lend a helping hand. He grabbed the back of her shirt, and walked around right beside her, pushing on her back the entire way. What a sweet boy!!
Stopping to check out the streamers... again...
Finally, we put Liam in the wagon and let Maya ride her bike down the bike path. He's always game for anything and REALLY likes to ride in the wagon. Look at that smile!
Maya was the leader of the walk... "Sawwow me!" (Follow me!)...
One of my favorite pictures... PURE JOY, PRIDE, AND HAPPINESS...
She lead the way home, too. Notice how she mostly looks at her feet? Surprisingly, she does a pretty good job of staying on the path despite the fact that she rarely looks ahead. Only one time did she actually drive off of the path, into the ditch, and I happen to be right next to her and caught her, keeping her from tipping over. She said, "Nice tatch, Mom!" Whew... that was a close one!
Riding down another street... Eventually, I asked her if her legs were getting tired. She responded, "No. See, dese are my esercise kwowes, and dese are my esercise sooes." (These are my exercise clothes, and these are my exercise shoes... gesturing to her outfit and "trocodile crocs".) Oh, I get it... something must be wrong with my exercise clothes and shoes, then, because I still get tired in mine!
Here's a close-up of the streamers... notice they are princess ones, and she continues to look at her feet!
As we were finishing our ride, it started to sprinkle. Buddy-boy was having fun with the raindrops falling on his head... all kicked back in his wagon seat...
Now, if this isn't the picture of an accident waiting to happen, then I don't know what is! Maya says, "Watch me, Mommy!" then lets go of the handlebars! Oh. My. Goodness. Not even 3 years old and already concerned with "doe-ing sass" (going fast) and "wedding doe" (letting go)...
Warning: This bike riding is not for the faint of heart!!

No comments: