Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Night-Night Gowns

Awww... my little angel! If that isn't cute, I don't know what is!! I always wondered at what age little girls decide they want to wear gowns to bed instead of the long sleeve, long pant pajamas that will actually keep them warm. At what point do they switch to the fashion-over-comfort style philosophy? Well, now I know. It's at about 3 years old. Yesterday, Maya wore a very cute cotton dress and tights to play in, and when bedtime rolled around, I suggested that it was time to put on her jammies. She informed me that the dress was her "night-night gown... with dese tights". So, she wore her dress to bed... and again all day today! This afternoon, we shopped for some new night-night gowns, and she chose one with Tinkerbell and one with Princess Tiana. I could hardly keep her from ripping off her clothes in the middle of Kohl's to put her gowns on right then and there! She couldn't wait to get home and change. As a bonus, one gown came with a wand, and one came with slippers. Both are pictured here! Maya will frequently cast "spells" on us with her princess wands. She points her wand at us and says, "Sell! Now you're _____ (pink, a pince, can't talk... whatever the case may be)!" Buddy's had so many spells casted on him that he does it now, too. He'll point his wand/graham cracker stick/whatever he's holding and say, "Sssseh!", I act surprised, and he just giggles. It's pretty cute.
So, we go from a total picture of innocence in the first pic to THIS! She actually WANTED me to take her picture with this silly face. She said, "Take another one!" Then, she struck this pose. When I showed it too her, she laughed. What a goofball!

No comments: