Saturday, August 21, 2010

Say What?!

As I approached Liam's crib today to bring him downstairs from his afternoon nap, I smelled the unmistakable stench of POOP.
I asked him, "Are you stinky?"
Buddy patted his diaper, saying, "Bubboes. Bubboes. (Bubbles)"
Me, "You're stinky!"
Buddy, "Tinky bubboes."
Yeah, he had pooped. I guess that's what he calls it! Bubboes! I can only guess he chose this term because a couple of weeks ago, he tooted in the bathtub and happened to see the bubbles float to the surface of the water, which he thought was awesome and funny. He got this little grin on his face and giggled like that was the coolest thing he had seen in a while. He must think that anything that comes from his butt is called bubbles, or as he says it, "Bubboes!"

The last couple of days, we've overheard Maya, reciting some phrase from the movie "Mary Poppins" Randomly, she would say, "Rumbitch," which totally sounded like "Run, bitch!" the first few times we heard it! Wracking my brain and knowing there is absolutely NO swearing in that movie, I finally called my Mom to pick her brain of any possible similar phrase or word that she might be mispronouncing. The following conversation ensued:
Me, "Are you saying 'crumpets' (as in tea and crumpets)?"
Maya, "No, not 'trumpets'. RUMbitch!"
Will, "Rummage?"
Maya, "No. Daddy, say 'rum'."
Will, "Rum."
Maya, "Bitch."
Will, "Bitch."
Maya, "Yeah, there you go! Rumbitch!"
I was dying laughing! I guess there was some scene in the unedited version that went something like this - "Mary Poppins, would you like some tea and crumpets?" Mary Poppins, "Nooo.... I said 'Rum', bitch." HAHAHAHA....
In light of the fact that church is tomorrow, VBS is next week, and Maya starts preschool very soon, we better figure this out, ASAP! I guess I know what we'll be doing tomorrow!

No comments: