Can you believe that Maya has been here for one month?! It's seems unreal. This has definitely been the most challenging and rewarding month of my life. Being a Mom means that you're "on" 24 hours a day. I'm quickly finding that moms don't get breaks during the work day. While I LOVE to cuddle with Maya (sometimes all day), I look around the house and think about all the things that have fallen by the wayside. I haven't cleaned. I rarely cook. I haven't been updating the blog. I haven't finished writing "thank you" notes. I haven't even started Maya's baby book! I feel busy all the time, but sometimes I wonder what on earth I've been doing!
Then I remember: I spend about 4-6 hours per day feeding and burping, change about 8-10 diapers per day, spend countless hours holding/playing/cuddling my bundle of love, and rock/sway/gently bounce while Maya falls asleep in my arms (then sometimes do it again after I lay her down and her peepers pop back open again!). When I put it that way, I'm pretty thankful that I don't have things done around the house. Spending time with Maya is far more important than any cleaning, cooking, or writing I could do. She'll never be this age again, and I don't want to miss a minute of it. I cherish every second spent with her. I'm thankful for every cry, smile, cuddle, squirm, and look I get to experience. I want to burn all of it into my memory forever. I never want to forget these days. There is nothing more precious than witnessing the growth and development of a child. I wouldn't trade these days for anything in the world.
Then I remember: I spend about 4-6 hours per day feeding and burping, change about 8-10 diapers per day, spend countless hours holding/playing/cuddling my bundle of love, and rock/sway/gently bounce while Maya falls asleep in my arms (then sometimes do it again after I lay her down and her peepers pop back open again!). When I put it that way, I'm pretty thankful that I don't have things done around the house. Spending time with Maya is far more important than any cleaning, cooking, or writing I could do. She'll never be this age again, and I don't want to miss a minute of it. I cherish every second spent with her. I'm thankful for every cry, smile, cuddle, squirm, and look I get to experience. I want to burn all of it into my memory forever. I never want to forget these days. There is nothing more precious than witnessing the growth and development of a child. I wouldn't trade these days for anything in the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment