Maya rolled over today!! I had her down on the floor for tummy time, and since she hates having her face right next to the floor, I helped her prop herself up on her forearms to give her a little elevation. Before I knew it, she tipped her head to the right and rolled halfway over. She gave herself a big push with her top leg, and over she went! After she landed on her back, she just laid there for a second. Then, her face scrunched up and turned bright red, and she started crying! I think the sudden change in position scared her, or I guess it could have been all the cheering and clapping I responded with that startled her! It was so cute! I told Will about it (of course it happened while he was in the bathroom), and after I got her calmed down, I laid her back down to try it again. I wanted to make sure it wasn't just an accident (or gravity pulling the weight of her head down and leaving her legs no choice but to follow). She did it again! And again! And in the other direction! At 2 1/2 months, that's pretty good! And, she was wearing her Iowa Hawkeyes outfit. Maybe it means she's a natural born athlete! It can only get more exciting from here!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment