Saturday, February 27, 2010

"Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel"

Will and I took Maya to the "noovie teater" to see "Alvin and the Chipettes" tonight, on our very first Maya/Mommy/Daddy movie outing. When we got in the truck, I told Maya, "Daddy's taking his two best girls out on a date to the movies," and she said, "Me and you?" Well, I hope so!! It was so cute. We went to the Celebration Cinema Carousel in Muskegon to the 4:45pm showing. Early evening seems to be the best time to work around naps, meals, and bedtime. Maya's always in good spirits at that time, especially if she knows she's going to the movies!The movie was REALLY cute. There were several laugh-out-loud funny scenes that made it just as entertaining for us as it was for Maya. Of course, half the fun of going to the movies with Maya is just watching how she reacts to the movie. She let out her fair share of giggles, puzzled faces, and enthusiastic claps. She was really excited when the Chipettes started singing my "Three Little Birds" song that I have been singing to Maya since she was a newborn baby. She turned a looked at me with these super wide eyes and exclaimed, "That's you savorite song!!" She repeated that a few times, each time just as excited as the first. That was MY favorite part of the movie.
Maya did have her favorite movie theater snack, "poptorn" with some "wemonade" to wash it down. We made one successful trip to the potty, mid-show. She refused to use her Dora portable potty seat, which I was fine with me. Hopefully soon I can quit lugging the seat around in the diaper bag! When she emerged from the bathroom stall, she announced to everyone listening, "I DID IT!! I DID IT!!" I couldn't be more proud. She's doing SO well! When the movie was over and after we took one more potty break, I took Maya on the Carousel for a ride. I think it was the fastest carousel in the world! I actually had to brace myself while I held Maya securely on the horse! I was a little dizzy, and I think Will would have been sick, for sure! It's a good thing he opted out of the ride! Though her timing was sometimes off (due to the high speeds!), every time we went by Will, Maya would wave and wave. It really was a fun carousel!

After we left the theater, we headed to the Grand Traverse Pie Company, where Maya picked out carrot cake for dinner. What a great choice. I tasted it, and it was AWESOME! She also used the potty there (sans the Dora seat), after discussing it with these two older ladies who were sitting near us and marching through the restaurant, telling everyone, "I'm doe-ing pee-pee. I'm doe-ing pee-pee." Ahhh.... gotta love kids!

It was a fantastic Maya/Mommy/Daddy date! Hopefully a new kid's movie will come out in the next couple of months, so we can do it again!

No comments: