
Amy and I took Maya and Lydia to their first official full-length movie theater experience, a 4:30pm showing of "The Princess and the Frog" in Muskegon at the Plaza 1 & 2 Theater on Henry Street. The theater is quite old and run down, compared to newer theaters with stadium seating and high-backed chairs. This theater reminded me of the theaters in Phoenix... back in the day. Of course, I'm sure all those theaters have been remodeled by now. Anyway, the Plaza 1 & 2 Theater is a cool concept. They get some of the movies that have been in the theaters for quite a while before they go to rental, and they charge a minimal fee for the show. It cost Maya and I $5.00 to see the movie. At $5.50, her snack pack cost more than double the price of her ticket! I got a medium drink for $4.50 (what a rip-off!), so our whole "girl's night out" date cost us $15.00. Not too bad, and I would have paid much, much more.

She really enjoyed the movie, except for the "shadow man", which was the scary villain. There was an actual villain plus all these shadowy, monster-like figures that were just as frightening as the villain! Disney always manages to create villains that are every bit as scary as the princesses are beautiful. Why?! Now, pretty much all she'll talk about is the "shadow man" and how "I don't wike dat mean duy". I quickly redirect her to remember the pretty Princess Tiana, the cute frogs, or the funny alligator. And the MUSIC! It was fabulous!! It was all jazz, and every time a song came on, Maya was on her feet, dancing and bee-bopping to the beat. It was so cute. That was my favorite part of the movie, just watching her boogie down! Maya enjoyed her very own snack pack, with "poptorn", graham cracker bears, and lemonade. The "poptorn" was her favorite movie snack... like mother, like daughter!
No comments:
Post a Comment