Sunday, February 28, 2010

Poopin' in the Potty!!

Tonight, as we were getting ready for bed in Liam's room, I just finished changing his diaper and started to put his jammies on when Maya said, "I have to go potty!" and made a beeline for the bathroom. I told her to go ahead, and I would be in to help her as soon as I was done with Buddy. I quickly finished getting him dressed and headed into the bathroom. What I found, amazed me. Maya was sitting on the regular potty (not the little one right next to it), she had the footstool positioned right in front of her, with her feet resting on it, and she was POOPING!! I was so excited, I had to restrain myself from lifting her off the potty and hoisting her up onto my shoulder in celebration! That was a HUGE step for her... and to do it completely unprompted!! I am SO PROUD of her!!! We have been battling this pooping issue for a month now. Just this week, we have been leaving her in big-girl-undies, and if she poops in the undies, we just throw them away. We have made several attempts to coax her onto the potty for pooping, without any recent success. The first couple of days of potty training, she pooped on the potty, and then she just stopped. About a week ago, she pooped on the potty when our babysitter swept her into the bathroom and sat her down on the toilet before she started to go in her pull-up. The next morning, I tried to congratulate her, and she denied, denied, denied. She was completely adamant that she had pooped in her pull-up and was near tears when I suggested otherwise. In the last couple of days, I've conscientiously made a BIG effort not to react when she poops. Maybe the light bulb has switched on for her tonight. Then again, maybe the moon, earth, stars, and sun were all in perfect alignment around 7:15 pm. I guess we'll see tomorrow! If she has truly decided to start pooping in the potty, I'd say she's 100% potty trained (except for naps and bed time, but I'm just counting waking hours here)! I can't wait to find out!!

No comments: