
When we first got to the park, I put Buddy down and he froze. He didn't want to move. My only guess is that he wasn't sure how to walk on wood chips and leaves. Once I took his hand and lead him around, he was fine with it, but he sure looked grumpy when we first got there! Maya is using the big-kid swings now! This is the first summer that she immediately wanted to swing on those instead of the baby swing. She actually even pumps her legs a little bit! What a big girl!

Buddy was thrilled with the swings! He had the biggest smile...

One of my favorite pics of the kids swinging together...

Liam was not afraid to climb on, over, or through anything! Maya was the same way at his age, completely fearless. He loved crawling through this tunnel, and I loved him crawling through this tunnel because it meant he wasn't trying to walk off some step or ledge somewhere. The ENTIRE time we were at the park, I was on top of him, trying to keep him SAFE from himself. I remember that I taught Maya how to turn around and go down steps feet first, on her belly... in a day. I bet I've sat Liam down, turned him around, and showed him exactly how to back down steps, at least 100 times. Nope. He won't do it. He will not back down steps or off ledges, no matter the height! He's SO thick-headed!! Grrr.... So, you see, contained in a tunnel is the perfect place for him (and my sanity)!

About halfway through the trip, with some coaxing from his sister, Liam started going down the slide all by himself. Sometimes he went feet first, on his belly (the ONE thing he will do that way), and sometimes he went down feet first, on his butt. Either way was fine with me. Notice that tongue sticking out (again)...

Overall, we had a great afternoon at the park with our friends. They even supplied my kids with lunch (that I didn't pack because last time neither one of them wanted to eat)! I think the highlight of the trip for Liam was the play structure. He is definitely a climber! Maya's favorite part was playing in the dirt in the baseball diamond. Her and Claire sat out there for a long time, just digging and playing. Easy entertainment! We will be coming back to this park for sure. It was a hit!
No comments:
Post a Comment