Monday, March 1, 2010

Big-Girl-Bed Shopping

This afternoon, we all went into GR to Kidz Roomz to shop for a big-girl-bed for Maya. I just feel that since we are potty training her, it's not fair to have her trapped in a crib, unable to use the bathroom when she needs to. She may need to go potty before I can get upstairs to get her out of bed, and it's degrading to be forced to pee or poop in her diaper (when she's awake) because she can't get to the bathroom. Plus, she's almost 3 years old now (I cannot believe I just said THAT out loud), so it's time to seriously consider getting her out of her crib.

We walked into Kidz Roomz, and Maya just lit up. She was running from bed to bed, saying "sawwow me!" (follow me) with this big dramatic sweeping hand gesture, and flopping down on the beds to test them out. Buddy even got a chance to try one out, and he was all giggles and smiles! Maya was SO excited to try out all the beds, especially the bunk beds. Did she ever have a good time on those! It was also funny to see her discover a stuffed animal on the occasional bed... it was like hitting the jackpot! All of a sudden, she would cry out, "A puppy!" or "A bear!" and hold up the animal for us all to see. I don't know what we will end up getting for her, but I think she'll be thrilled with pretty much anything. I'm thinking either a full or twin size bed with a twin size trundle. We'll have to measure out her room to see what would fit well. Apparently they are getting a whole new showroom full of furniture within the next couple of weeks, so we will have to go back to look again. Maybe there will be something that really jumps out at us. I didn't fall in love with anything today, and I think Maya fell in love with everything! Even though I thought I would be happy to have her in a crib until kindergarten, I'm realizing that is not a possibility. My little girl is growing up, and SHE couldn't be happier about it!

My saving grace... when we were talking about the beds earlier today, she asked, "Mommy, wiww you siww tuck me in?" Awwww.... maybe she's not growing up quite so fast. THANK GOODNESS!

No comments: