Saturday, April 7, 2007

An Iowa Baby Shower!

Today, Maya and I had another baby shower. My Aunts Misty and Colleen and cousin Misty Dawn threw the shower for us. It was with our family and friends in Iowa, and a lot of people were there. We actually had to do introductions with everyone for the benefit of myself and friends who may not know all the family. You have to understand... my dad has a VERY BIG family! It was great to see everyone. I had not seen some of the family since I was in grade school! I was so glad to see so many people excited about our upcoming arrival!

We had several dessert-type snacks to eat, and they were all delicious! We played a memory game to see who could remember all the baby items in the basket. My cousin Brenda won that. She got 15 out of 16 right! Not too bad! We also played a clothes pin game, where everyone gets a clothes pin to start, then if someone catches you saying the word "baby", they can take your clothes pin. Whoever has the most clothes pins in the end, wins the game. My Aunt Kay won that game with 5 clothes pins. I lost my clothes pin about 3 minutes after I got there. I'm not very good at games that inhibit talking. I'm sure you all find that shocking! The last game we played was a guess-how-big-the-belly-is game. We passed around rolls of toilet paper, and everyone had to tear off how many squares they thought it would take to wrap around my "waist". Three people guessed right on, and my Aunt Corrinne won the tie-breaker. It took 12 squares, not 18 like my mom guessed! It was really funny to see how big people thought my belly was, and I think 14 was a popular guess. Who knows, maybe I'll hit 18 by the time my due date rolls around! We'll just pretend that's what you were going for, mom, my due date size belly! : )

We got lots and lots of presents from everyone. I couldn't believe how many gifts were on and surrounding the present table! I thought it would take a couple of hours to get through everything, but I had two little cousins pushing me along and keeping a constant flow of gift bags in my lap. It went quite quickly! We got all sorts of useful things... baby care items, clothes, and some toys! We loved everything, and we'll get plenty of good use out of it all. Now, just figuring out where to put everything...

Thanks to everyone who attended the shower or sent presents. Everything was wonderful, and I had a great time!

No comments: