Monday, April 30, 2007

Welcome!

I just wanted to take a sec to welcome an new viewers. Deb Bean has printed an article about us in the Columbus Gazette (if it's not in there this week, look for it soon). It's featured as the "Where are they now?" article. She mentions our website and this blog in the article, so I just thought I would welcome any new-comers to my blog and encourage you to visit our website www.deatoncrew.com. Will has put a ton of time and effort into the site, and it's pretty good! This blog talks a lot about my pregnancy and current events in our lives. I try to write in it at least a couple of times a week, and when we have our baby, I will use it to keep everyone informed about how we're getting along with her. I'm sure it will get quite interesting! There will be lots of pictures posted on the website. Currently, Will updates some of the pictures every week. Check it out!

We had our last childbirth class tonight. We talked all about interventions, like epidurals, monitors, inductions, vacuum extraction/forceps, and episiotomies and had "mock labor". Boy, do I wish labor was as easy as it was in class tonight! We used clothespins on our earlobes as a pain source, while we tried out different breathing and comfort techniques and laboring positions. We were supposed to be seeing how the breathing and comforting distracted us from the pain of the clothespin. I have to admit, I felt like the breathing did NOTHING to distract me, but the comfort techniques, like massage and rocking, made a HUGE difference. Will's going to be a great coach during labor! He did great in the "practice labor", and if he's that good in practice, I can't wait to see him in action during the real thing!

We have one more class left to attend this coming Thursday night. It's the breastfeeding class, and I'm very anxious to learn the tricks of the trade!

No comments: