Thursday, May 3, 2007

Latest Pregnancy News...

I had a doctor's appointment this week. It was pretty uneventful. We listened to Maya's heartbeat, which is always a wonderful sound to hear! My doctor asked me if she's moving, and I told him that she moves all the time. He said that her movements may slow down because she is running out of room. I'm not sure if she'll ever run out of room. It seems to me that she just MAKES room! She likes to push her butt up under my ribs quite often! I find myself rubbing her butt so often that she'll probably be dependant on it to fall asleep once she's finally here. I just can't resist!

We had our last class tonight. It was a couple's breastfeeding class. It was somewhat helpful, but it wasn't near as insightful as I had hoped. The teacher was a certified lactation consultant, so she knew what she was talking about. I just feel like breast feeding is such a complicated thing that until you actually have a baby to work with, instruction on it is a bit useless. She showed us different positions to hold the baby in as we feed and techniques to get a proper latch. The pointers help, but we're not going to know what problems we'll encounter without actually doing it. Many different topics in the class prompted more questions, and I didn't feel like she answered all the questions thoroughly. I kind of feel more confused since we took the class than I felt before the class! The good thing about our hospital is that we will have access to a lactation consultant while we're there, so if we're having issues with nursing, we can just ring our call light to see the expert! Yay!

I'm starting to get very anxious about meeting Maya. For a while, I was getting sad about the pregnancy ending, but now I just want to see her! I can't wait for her to get here! I've been finishing up all of her laundry today. After her laundry is done, all I have to do is pack our bags, and we'll be good to go!

I think one of my worst pregnancy fears is about to come true... stretch marks! The skin around my belly button is getting really tight and starting to lose feeling. I know my belly is just going to keep getting bigger over the next few weeks, and I don't think I have any more skin to stretch! I'm pretty bummed about it, but MAYBE I'll luck out and not get them. I guess if that's the worst thing that happens, I should thank my lucky stars. It's just a bummer when I know my bikini days may be over for good! Only time will tell. Wish me luck!

No comments: