Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Pregnancy Insomnia

I have read in so many places about women not being able to sleep well during their 3rd trimesters. I thought I had lucked out and wouldn't have any sleep issues. Up to this point, the only thing that would wake me up at night was a full bladder. Well, the insomnia... or "welcome to motherhood, you won't sleep well again for 18 years" phase of pregnancy is in full-force. I haven't slept well in two nights! I wake up all the time, and this morning, I was awake from 3:30am to 7:00am! I finally fell back to sleep for a couple hours in the morning. I guess this is my body's way of preparing me to take care of a newborn. Let me just say that it will be much more fun/beneficial to miss out on sleep when there's a REASON to be up at all hours of the night! Right now, it's just driving me nuts! Unless... this means that Maya's birthday is coming very soon! Keep your fingers crossed for labor to start after 7pm on May 25th. Will has to make up a shift in the ER from 11am-7pm on that day, but after that, his schedule is golden! We're also having maternity pictures taken on the 24th, and I kind of need to preggo for those!!

No comments: