I went to Saugatuck, MI today with Diane and Cindy. It's a little hippie-artist town on the Lake Michigan shore. We walked around in the downtown area all day, looking in shops. We didn't buy much, as everything is super-expensive. We ate lunch outside on the channel that connects to Lake MI. It was a beautiful day... not a cloud in the sky! I got just a little sunburned from sitting out at lunch, but if felt so good to have the warm sun on my skin. After eating lunch, we walked back down the opposite side of the street, visiting all the last shops. We stopped in the candy/ice cream store for dessert. I had one scoop of "banana-fudge pie" and one scoop of "peanut butter chocolate" ice cream in a waffle-bowl with fudge on top! YUMMY! It was the most expensive sundae I've ever eaten, but it was worth all $8.33 of it! Hahaha...
Once our legs had endured all the walking they could take, we drove to the beach. We laid out a blanket in the sand and just vegged out there for about an hour. The beach is beautiful! It is very wide and long, and the sand is super-soft and deep. The waves were really calm, and it was just a beautiful day to lay there! We'll definitely have to take Maya there next summer. She'll love it (hopefully)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment