After much debate, discussion, and what seemed like endless hours of searching through a couple baby name books, we have agreed on a name! Baby B's name will be... Liam Parker Deaton! We chose Liam because it's derived from William (Will's grandpa's name), and its roots are Irish/Scottish, which was Nanny's ethnic background. Parker was the name we had picked out for a boy when we were pregnant with Maya, before we found out she was a girl. We still like the name, so we're sticking with it for the middle name. When we had the name picked out for Maya, it was going to be Parker William. Now we have a Maya Reese, and Parker William just seems a little too serious or stuffy. Liam sounds more light-hearted than Parker, and I like that we can name him after his great-grandpa (and dad) without actually using the name William.
One book, in particular, really helped in the selection of his name. It's called "The Baby Name Wizard" by Laura Wattenberg, and it's awesome! My friend, Amy, recommended the book to me when I told her how much trouble we were having deciding on a name. The book puts each name into a specific category, gives suggestions of brother/sister names, ranks the name by popularity, and tells a little information about the name. I highly recommend the book to anyone struggling to choose a baby name! Maya's name falls under the categories "Little Darlings" and "Nickname Proof". I really liked the name Liam before we got the book, and when I opened it to research Maya's name, Liam was the first suggestion for a brother name for Maya! It was a sign! The categories Liam's name falls under include "Little Darlings", "Nickname Proof", and "Celtic". Also, listed under Parker for sister names is Maya! It's PERFECT!! We love the name, and we don't have to call him "Baby B" anymore! Yay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment