Thursday, August 28, 2008

Our Little Fish

We took the boat out onto Spring Lake this afternoon. Maya enjoyed "helping" her Daddy drive the boat. Actually, she would remove his hands completely from the steering wheel, so she was doing it all by herself. In the picture above, you can see her looking at Will's hand to make sure it's staying right where she put it, and Will's laughing at her for being such a Stinker Bear! She did great out on the water today, so we'll probably be taking the boat out a little more now. She actually seemed to enjoy it. She was always waving at something or someone. There were plenty of boats, jet skis, birds, ducks, and people to capture her attention.

After cruising around for awhile, we dropped anchor, and Maya and I got in to swim. It was a little chilly at first, but we quickly adjusted to the temperature and had a great time. Surprisingly, Maya LOVED jumping in! It took her all of about 45 seconds to jump the first time. She would just take off walking to the end of the swim platform, grab my hands, and jump right in. She did this over and over. What a brave girl! She would have the biggest smile on her face, too, once she had landed safely in the water and I was cheering for her. I would have stayed in the water all day, catching her again and again, just to see that precious smile.When she wasn't jumping in, we were chasing ducks around in the water. No matter how fast we swam, we could never catch a duck! She kept pointing at them and waving, saying, "Dup!". I know she would have been thrilled to give one of them a big ole squeezin' hug! She LOVES animals! She also kept putting her face in the water. I think she likes to put her mouth in the water to taste it. She does the same thing in her swimming pool and the bath tub. Yuck. It's probably not the cleanest thing for her to do, but I hate to discourage her from putting her face in the water, when that's what most kids are afraid to do! I guess she'll just keep doing it, and I'll just keep saying small prayers that she doesn't get sick from it. She's just experimenting, and that's what toddlers do best!

Side note... I had my first session back with my personal trainer today, and it felt GREAT! I worked very hard but not too hard. It was an awesome workout, and if I go twice a week, I have enough sessions left to take me almost right up to my due date. It's going to feel so good to be sore again tomorrow! YAY!

No comments: