
Today I vacuumed the entire house! I did the entire main floor while wearing Maya on my hip. She loves to "help", and after vacuuming several times before, carrying her in one arm while I pushed the vacuum with the other, I got smart and put her in my Kozy-carrier. Maya likes to be so close and ride along, and it doesn't kill my arm to hold her for over an hour. It's quite the win-win situation because she'll ride around forever while I'm vacuuming! I ended up vacuuming the basement while Maya napped. Then I finished with the upstairs while Maya played in her toy room. Four and a half hours of vacuuming! I'm actually sore!! How sad is THAT?!

After all the cleaning, Maya and I headed out to the Grand Haven channel to meet our friends, Brian and Jen and their son, Max. Maya and Max had a blast running around the grassy area and sidewalks. Maya spent a lot of time climbing onto benches, socializing with whomever walked by, and petting and following puppy dogs around. I had a very proud moment with her when Jen was trying to take a picture of Maya and Max together on a bench. She wanted a picture of them both turned around, looking behind the bench, so Brian picked Maya up and told her to stand up (on the bench). Maya went right back down on her knees, and I immediately praised her, "Good girl, Maya! You're right, we don't stand on benches. We have to sit down. Thank you for sitting down!" She's really starting to understand the rules. We work with her all the time at home, teaching her to SIT on the couch and chairs. She's really listening well, and I couldn't have been more proud of her when she refused to stand on that bench, even with an adult telling her to! What a good girl!!
No comments:
Post a Comment