Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Notes from the Sidelines...

Because Maya's butt rash is SO BAD right now, I decided she should sit out of her first day of swimming lessons. Bummer! Since her skin is broken, I just didn't think it was very sanitary to put her butt in the pool water. We went to the class anyway, just to see what all goes on and to scope out the other babies. We sat on the edge of the pool during the class. Maya seemed VERY excited to be there! The class is full of babies, much older than Maya. I think the youngest one is 18 months, so she'll be the youngest in the class, by far. The instruction consisted of several activities designed to get the babies comfortable with the water. They bobbed up and down, played with boats and balls, and sang songs with actions that require splashing. They ended with some "jumping" off the side of the pool. Maya LOVED this! She clapped and watched the kids with a huge smile on her face. I can't wait to bring her back next week! I hope her butt rash is healed, so we can get in! She's going to love this class!!

No comments: