Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Captured in Clay

Mom and I took the kids to "Captured In Clay" today (yes, in the midst of a snowstorm on crappy roads... I blame the postpartum shifting of hormones that clouded my judgment). Crazy as it was, I have to say, it was totally worth it! Look at these tiles! Deana, the master of the prints, does a phenomenal job with the printing, stamping, and painting. She's very meticulous, ensuring perfect prints on even the wiggliest kid! The process is very easy and clean. I just showed up with the kids, picked out my sizes, colors, wording, fonts, stamps, held each baby in position, and Deana did the rest! I wasn't sure how Maya would do with getting her hands in the clay, so I was a little nervous that we wouldn't get all the tiles I wanted. I thought we would start, and Maya would give us the flailing hands and "Deee!" (all done). Surprisingly, she LOVED it! She wanted to squish her little paws in everything! I was so happy that she wanted to cooperate because we got some awesome tiles! The top one is my special "big sis - lil bro" tile to compare their hand sizes and show just how little Maya was when she actually became a "big" sister. It's precious, and I plan to keep it forever.This is Maya's own tile, to be given to her when she has a baby of her own. She's so little to be a big sister!
This is Liam's tile, to be given to his wife when he has a baby of his own. Until then, they'll hang up in our house. Those are some precious little piggies!

No comments: