Monday, January 12, 2009

My Big Day Out!

Mom and I escaped the house today and went shopping (one of my favorite hobbies)! I found some great sales at Old Navy and Target, so Maya got a much needed wardrobe makeover. Between both stores, on average, I spent only 25% of the original price of the clothing! What a deal! We also got some great bargains at Barnes and Noble. We shopped for over 5 hours and only managed to hit those three stores! It was great fun, even with Liam in tow. Mom and I took turns carrying and wearing him through the stores. He's pretty easy to manage out and about... as long as he stays well fed and relatively dry, he's a happy shopper.

Around 6pm-ish, we rushed home, so I could feed Liam one last time before heading out to have dinner with some of my friends. The plan was for Mom to hold him while I was out, effectively buying me a bit more time between feedings. If he was being held, I knew I had between 2.5-3 hours until the next feeding to enjoy some time out of the house to socialize without any kids. The moms meet once a month to share good food and indulge in some uninterrupted conversation. It's a great group, and I really enjoy being able to get out with other moms. I stayed at the restaurant for about 2.5 hours, before rushing home to a hungry baby. Liam had woken up about 10 minutes prior to me coming home. Will called me just as I was leaving to tell me that Liam was up and crying. Luckily, the restaurant was located just 4 minutes from my house! I got home, and he latched on and ate like a ravenous newborn! He was quite the hungry, hungry hippo! Overall, I had a great girl's day out!

No comments: