Tuesday, February 6, 2007

It was JUST a Dream...

So, I've always heard of the crazy dreams that pregnant women have, but until now, they have been pretty tame. I could always associate them with something. For example, I once had a dream that the same day we brought our baby home, he (we didn't yet know her gender) started rolling over and sitting up. The whole time, I just kept saying to Will, "I can't believe he's doing that. He shouldn't be able to do this stuff yet!" That dream can easily be explained by my fear that our baby will grow up too quickly. Not ABnormal, right? That dream does not hold a candle to my last dream!

Okay, for those of you who may think I'm a COMPLETE psycho after reading this, keep in mind, THIS IS JUST A DREAM, AND I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CONTROL OVER MY THOUGHTS WHILE I SLEEP!! Some of you may even question why I would divulge this information, and my answer to you is simple. This is MY pregnancy, MY experience. This is just a small part of the craziness that has taken over my mind for a temporary period of time (I hope). Consider yourself warned, read with caution, and remember: I HAVE NO CONTROL!

So, the dream started out relatively normal. I had recently delivered Maya, and I was nursing her. She was a really good eater, and we had apparently both caught on to nursing without much difficulty. When she finished nursing, she would lay down for a nap. **OKAY, HERE'S WHERE IT GETS REALLY WEIRD** Then all of a sudden, I would be nursing again, but when I looked down to see Maya, instead, I saw Will! In the dream, it wasn't abnormal at all! He nursed on one side, then I politely informed him that I was saving the other side just in case Maya woke up and was hungry again. Then, it was over! I can fully understand the Maya nursing part, because like every mom-to-be, I hope that we can conquer nursing like a couple of champs. Where Will fits into the picture in ANY way besides encouraging Maya and me to do our best, I have NO idea.

I know, it was weird, and don't try to say I didn't warn you! Stay tuned, though, I'm sure there are more where that came from!

No comments: