We had our first baby shower! My mom, aunt Diane, and cousin Krista planned it in Streator, IL with my mom's side of the family. It was a ton of fun! I got to see my cousins (Krista and Scott and their boys, Tara, Beth Anne, Jayne and Brian and their kids, and DeeDee), aunt Diane, uncle Larry, and grandma Babe that I haven't seen in a really long time. We had a delicious cake that aunt Diane's friend made. It was white cake with white frosting (my favorite). The room was decorated with pink and green table clothes, pink balloons, one balloon that read, "It's a Girl!" and another that read, "Welcome Baby", and one of the balloons was tied to her very first pink piggy bank!
We played some really fun games. One was a nursery rhyme game that Jayne won. I think she got 13 out of 15 nursery rhymes right! I got four right... I guess I should have studied. Then we played a game where we passed a gift bag around the circle, following the directions "right" and "left" from a fictional story about a couple trying to get to the hospital to have a baby. It was a lot of fun, and Beth Anne won that game. While I opened presents, we played one last game where everyone got a clothes pin. If someone heard somebody say the word "baby", they could take their clothes pin. The winner was the person with the most clothes pins at the end of the game. It didn't take long for everyone to figure out that my cousin Krista was out for blood. She almost knocked our poor grandma off her chair before she even had the whole word "baby" out of her mouth! She's a little scrapper! In the end, it was between Krista and Dee (my step mom). Eventually, Dee slipped up and Krista mauled her for her clothes pins, declaring herself the winner! It was a riot!
Opening presents was a ton of fun, too. I loved getting gifts for our baby. We got some stuff that will come in very handy such as a stroller, car seat, and monitors, and we got some stuff that was just downright cute, like a baby Elmo bathrobe! I mean, really, a baby in a bathrobe! I can't wait to use it! She's going to be so cute in that with the matching baby Elmo slippers! One sentimental gift we received is a quilt that Dee embroidered a prayer, angels, and flowers onto. I didn't even know that she did embroidery, so I was shocked when I saw it. It is very beautiful. Overall, the shower was a ton of fun. It's so much fun to have a party to celebrate a baby that isn't even here yet! It's great to see everyone so excited to meet Maya. She has such a loving family waiting for her, and she doesn't even know it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment