Will and I came to Iowa to visit family while he had a small stretch of days off. Everyone here is very happy to see us, and everyone seems very excited about my growing belly. We got to celebrate our last Valentine's Day as just a couple yesterday. We went out to eat at Diamond Dave's, a mexican food restaurant in Muscatine. After dinner, we got ice cream at Culver's, and it was delicious! I had a concrete made with hot fudge and bananas. It was like a hot fudge sundae with bananas in every bite! Yummy! Our evening was very special because Diamond Dave's is the same place we went to on our very first date, almost eight years ago! Back then, I don't think either one of us thought that in eight years we would be back at the same place, married, and with our first child on the way. It's incredible that we've been together for eight years. I'm so thankful for that first date!!
Sadly, Will had to go back to Michigan today. He has to work tomorrow, so I won't be able to see him for about a week and a half. I think that's the longest we've ever been apart! I'm glad I'll have the opportunity to spend time with my family, but I'm going to miss him terribly! I wish he could have stayed here with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment