It has been brought to my attention that not everyone who is reading this knows our recent history. So, to get everyone up to speed, I will give a brief recap. Trust me, I could go on and on, but I'll keep it short for those of you who do know what is going on. On September 21st, we found out that we are expecting our first baby! We are very excited, as it took very little time to get pregnant again (following a devastating miscarriage 11 weeks into our first pregnancy last summer). Just one week later, we took a trip to Tennessee. The week after we returned, we had our first doctor's appointment and an ultrasound to make sure we could see a little heartbeat. Our doctor knew that it would give us a little peace of mind to know that things were looking good early on. Right away, everything looked good, and we were pleased, thought we knew we were not out of the woods just yet. One month later, we had our second doctor's appointment. We were 11 weeks along, and we heard the baby's heartbeat in the office! It was fantastic! Our doctor ordered another ultrasound on that day, to give us full peace of mind. The ultrasound was wilder than I could have ever imagined. The baby was bouncing all over the place! We were very surprised to see so much activity so early on. We were so happy to see the baby looking so healthy! It was at the following visit at 15 weeks that my doctor put me on working restrictions. He did not want me to lift more than 20 pounds. In the PACU, I have to be able to lift 60 pounds, and my manager was not willing to accomodate the restrictions. (Now would be a good time to read my last post, and hopefully that will help everyone understand a little better!)
Currently, I am in my 23rd week of pregnancy, and everything is going very well! We found out that we are expecting a little girl at the 20 week ultrasound! That same week, we took a trip to Riviera Maya, Mexico. It was a wonderful "babymoon"! We stayed in the same resort that we honeymooned at three and a half years ago (El Dorado Royale). It was a very relaxing get-away (more about that another day). Shortly after returning, we finally decided on a middle name. We had been refering to her by her first name basically since we found out we are having a girl. After we chose a middle name, we were final able to reveal it to everyone. Her name is Maya Reese Deaton. She is still very active, and I feel her moving all times of the day. I first started to feel her move at 17 weeks. Will has been able to feel her move for a week now. It's my absolute favorite thing about being pregnant! I'm going to miss that feeling after she is born! We are starting to prepare the nursery for her arrival. We have the furniture ordered, and we just finished painting her room. It's all coming together. Though terrifying at first, this has been a wonderful journey, and it just keeps getting better every day. Each day brings us a little closer to meeting our beautiful baby girl, and her arrival will complete our family (for now).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment